Leaving behind the old and embracing the new with less weight is something I think most of us want for a new year.
I’m not sure how many of you have seen ‘A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.’ There are so many lessons wrapped up in one movie, one true story. Fred Rogers was a man who walked the walk and showed us how forgiveness and kindness could change lives (young and more mature).
- Forgiveness releases the person who needs forgiveness as well as the person doing the forgiving.
- Each individual has value, even those that you may not like or who have a different opinion than you.
- Really listening to what a person says or doesn’t say is priceless.
- Patience with another is precious.
- Be creative and find healthy ways to express your feelings.
- Feelings and circumstances are always manageable, not easy, but manageable.
- To error is to be human and that’s okay.
- Be yourself because there is only one you. Make your mark.
- Silence can be a healthy thing and can help you process feelings and emotions.
- No man is an island. We need one another.
Such precious lessons. Which one will you embrace in 2020?
Wishing all a New Year filled with love, peace and purpose.