Hello. I am so glad you’re here. I thought I’d share a little about my journey and hope to know more about yours. We’re better together.
I enjoy working in Public Affairs at a local Airport. I enjoy my role as a mom (of a college student), wife, daughter, mixed-media artist, author, vintage collector, and re-purposer, who loves to connect with other hearts through teaching, sharing life and art.
Through my art I attempt to spread a message of hope (even through the difficult valleys). Diagnosed with breast cancer in 2012, I’ve learned to appreciate even more and hold dear ‘the gifts in the journey.’ Life isn’t a cakewalk but there are blessings even in the trials, and for that I’m grateful.
I was raised in Southern California. I lived overseas for six years in Africa. Madagascar was a favorite. I enjoyed visiting beautiful places all over the world working side by side with other amazing humans to share hope. I now reside in Orange County with my wonderful husband of 30 years and my beautiful 23 year old daughter.
I use all kinds of mediums to create. From art journaling, non-traditional scrapbooking, hand-crafted décor, jewelry and more, I enjoy many forms of creative avenues.
- (2006-2012) I enjoyed being the lead founding Fiskateer/craft ambassador for Fiskars (the Orange Handled Scissor Company). I traveled across the U.S. teaching in stores, trade shows and conventions and provided inspiration to the community of over 10,000 members, the Fiskars site, guest sites and more. As a lead brand ambassador, I had the blessing of planning and coordinating large crafting events, handled a budget and spread creative joy. Four of us lead Fiskateers (my call sign #002) helped to get this marketing and crafting program off the ground. It was a beautiful experience and I loved connecting with other wonderful creative like-minded people who are still so dear to me. Find more here.
- Stampington and Company has been a lovely connection and I enjoy regularly sharing my story through publication in their many lovely magazines. I’ve written articles and shared work in Somerset Memories, Somerset Home, Somerset Studio, Somerset Life, Somerset Apprentice, Somerset Workshop, Altered Couture, Art Journaling, Art Doll Quarterly, Belle Armoire Jewelry, and Handcrafted. This too has been an outlet to meet wonderful creative people.
- I have enjoyed contributing as a guest artist/designer on the following sites; Jenni Bowlin, Pink Paislee, Ice Resin – Susan Lenart Kazmer, Mod Podge Rocks/Plaid, Art Glitter, Vintage Street Market, My Little Shoebox, Crescendoh (“Art Saves” story), The Graphics Fairy and more.
- Calendar work ~ I enjoyed sharing my journey of cancer survival, art and hope; to walk alongside others who are going through a similar journey. By the urging of some dear friends, I submitted artwork to the American Society of Clinical Oncology, “Expressions of Hope” 2014 calendar in which I had several pieces (cover as well) published. If we can share our journey and help one another, what a gift that is!
- For the first time in February 2016, my artwork was chosen and exhibited in Las Laguna Gallery in Laguna Beach, CA. Since then, I have been involved in other exhibits. I’ve enjoyed meeting other artists and people in the community.
- September 2015 through 2019 I enjoyed teaching and sharing life with others on Brave Girl University. The Brave Girls Club was founded by friend, Melody Ross and Kathy Wilkins.
What you’ll find here at Artsy Findings is creativity and connection. I hope to encourage you to use your talents, try something new, and to share your story through word, art and color.
Thank you for visiting!
Feel free to chat with me (e-mail) at firstname.lastname@example.org, via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Warmest creative wishes!