CHA 2015 Goodness & Wrap Up
Oh so many highlights of CHA! I’m going to try and make this to the point because there were so many highlights as always. I try to do a recap video style each year or event . . . this one is about ten minutes long but if you didn’t get a chance to go I think you’ll enjoy the sites. Grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy. Of course I missed some . . . I would have liked to have gotten to but this will give you a little flavor.
A highlight I just found out about . . . Way back when I had suggested to one of the Fisk-a-neers (Fiskars). Unfortunately, they didn’t quite take the ball and run with it but someone else did. The loose idea was to be able to draw and scan something and then have a machine cut it out (something like a computer on top). Well, Brother did just that with the Scan and Cut. I’ve been itching to own one of these. Well, I entered their contest at CHA and guess what . . . I WON! I am over the top thrilled and cannot wait!!!!! I tell you, I can’t wait and have some ideas on the drawing board! Oh my goodness! Thank you Brother!!!
For me . . . friends, love, Fiskafriends, networking, inspiration, new innovations, trends, and more are some of the most exciting elements of CHA. One of my fav events is the FaveCrafts Blogger party! It’s a great event for networking, spending time with manufacturers, collaborating and more.
- Mixed Media is still hot
- An Asian influence
- Vellum – a bit of a comeback (I’ll share more about Alison Kreft @ Webster’s Pages, Ruby Rock It
- Foil and Gold Accents
- Chalkboard accents still on the move
- Metal – which I love – stamped metal, metal sheets, similar look to antique ceiling tiles
- Bold colors
- Florals – similar to Victorian style
- Ruby Rock It – some of their lines are just to die for! My sweet friend Erin Yamabe was greeting folks in the booth. Love her. Be on the lookout . . . I’ll be sharing more (some creativity) about Ruby Rock It. You’ll get a warm welcome from Erin and the owners and staff. Sweet folks and I love the Aussie accent. Luscious lines with florals, nautical themes and some with great yellow hues along with fun mini stamps, beautiful embellishments and wood veneer shapes . . . oh my! Beautiful subtle Asian influence in some of the lines as well.
- Alison Kreft – Her line (at Webster’s Pages) is as sweet as she is. I’ve known Alison for a while and love how I’ve seen her style evolve some. I enjoyed the make and take at the booth . . . using her stamps, a cute little dyed muslin bag and some of her new shapes with phrases. She had some vellum papers that were lovely . . . faintly see through and I can see a Hambly influence there.
- Brother – of course the Scan & Cut is awesomeness. Enjoyed a moment with Julie Fei Fan Balzer. I’ll be sharing on her blog in February using her stencils. She’s so much fun!
- Bloca Wallah – Oh up my alley – wood carved stamps. I have my little stash but could have gobbled up all these beauties. Out of Finland!
- Xiem Tools – one guy hanging out in his booth with loads of fun tools that I was thrilled about! I love the art rollers!!!! So many possibilities besides just clay.
- Spellbinders and friends Shea Fragoso and Debbie Murray at A Gilded Life – always love their style and designs. Of course their booth a blissful experience.
- Anna Griffin – love her nautical and Americana lines! Oh so beautiful!!! A couple of lines have a beautiful Asian influence.
- Bottle Cap Inc. – the Salvaged Line- their Mixed Media goods such as vintage lampshade, Metal sheets, stamped metal shapes (crowns and crosses), Silverware (antique spoons and forks), and antlers.
- My Mind’s Eye – The ‘Fancy That’ line – The beautiful pastels paired with blacks and greys and gold accents is lovely! Other lines like Niche is filled with Golf Foils that sparkle too.
- DBest product – cool bags but they need some different designs in my opinion. But great concept.
- Tim Holtz – portfolio – medium and big
- Prima – Finnabair, Jamie Dougherty, Julie Nutting and more. Always a favorite and done up right.
- Heidi Swapp – her line of awesome letters that you can customize is innovative!
- Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper – love the colors and details! The booth of course . . . so cute!
- MD Hobby & Craft – metal sheets and chalkboards that are awesome! Love their aluminum sheets in different patterns. Even magnetic sheets! Endless possibilities.
Disclaimer . . . a gal on a social site inquired about mixed media and what does she do when it goes out? Here was my response and I encourage you . . . ‘Personally _____, I live it (mixed media) like a lifestyle but they do consider it a trend. Just keep doing what you love!’
Sit back and enjoy . . .
Awesome recap for those of us that aren’t able to get into CHA! Thanks!
My sweet pleasure Susan!
Loved looking at all your photos! Great wrap-up. I’d love copies of the pics from the Fiskafriends meet-up when you get a chance. Thanks! Can’t wait to see you next year!
Hello sweet Cindy,
It was such a blessing spending a little time with you. I would be happy to send you what I have. Please just remind me. So so glad you enjoyed!
Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this. Ciao
You’re so sweet Rita. My pleasure. Sending love sweet Rita!
I projected this up on my TV to get a better look. Lol! Wonderful recap and I honestly don’t know how one goes to this event and their head doesn’t just explode with creativity! xoxo
Tanya, I laughed out loud at your comment. It is crazy and you never really get to spend enough time.
Cheryl It was so great to see you at CHA!! Loved seeing the video you made at the show- so many familiar faces in there:)
Take care, Allison
It was lovely seeing you and just so happy for you! Can’t wait to get my hands on some your lovely new line and share. I do a lot of work with Stampington’s several publications. Your work . . . Like you . . . Beautiful. Glad you enjoyed the video!
So much fun watching this! TFS, so happy you won the Scan’n’Cut… so very awesome!!!!
You’re so sweet Nancy and thrills me you enjoyed!
Congratulations on your win! That was awesome! Perfect tool for you. While I don’t care about trending, it’s nice to know a lot of the things I like are “in” right now. Thanks for the great video. I especially loved the Fiskafriends images, of course, LOL. Looking forward to seeing your post on Julie’s blog. Hugs!
You’re always so sweet and so glad you enjoyed. Xoxo jean