Recently, I've had a lot going on. With recuperating from surgery, then getting sick, I was grateful I had planned ahead on some things however there were things I felt like I was a bit behind on. I wanted to bake or take something sweet to the lovely doctors and nurses who have taken such good care of me. So I went out with a purpose to find some containers and viola. I just thought I'd share with you a quick wrapping job and when I didn't have any Christmas cards and was a bit low on energy, I used what I had on hand including a lovely image downloaded from The Graphics Fairy.
Some ideas on quick gift ideas:
- Trader Joe's English Toffee (the can itself is beautiful but is 1 lb and 14 oz.) You can also split it up.
- Purchase from Costco the 4 pack of Popcornopolis flavors. Gift the four as a gift or break them up and give as 4 seperate gifts. The Zebra is my favorite.
- Nuts from Trader Joes
- Easy quick bar cookies. Here's are a couple of recipes to get you started. Homemade Twix Bars and No Bake Peanut Butter Caramel Bars.
- A gift certificate if you are so inclined
- Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Sticks
- Soaps, scrubs, lotions are always on sale at this time or you can make your own . . . here.
- And if you're still looking for more ideas feel free to check out Pinterest . . . I have a board called Gift Ideas (feel free to follow) and It's a Wrap (Gift Wrapping/Packaging Ideas). Of course there's limitless ideas out there for you to explore. If you're afraid it may be a time stealer; set a timer, just search for what you're looking for and stay focused. I have Pinterest distraction issues sometimes.
So there are a few ideas . . . now to the wrap. I went to my local Home Goods store of course there is TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Target Dollar Spot section, the Dollar Store and so many options. Right now at Target they are having a sale on some festive serving items great for giving sweet gifts atop. Anyhow, I found these beautiful boxes for $2 and $3 at Home Goods. Perfect for filling with some TJ's English Toffee.
Next I simply downloaded this beautiful tag from The Graphics Fairy. Karen does an awesome job in sharing her finds with the web community. The tag itself was so beautiful and my energy low, I didn't feel it needed any color. So I simply printed it, adhered it to some thicker cardstock and used the reverse as a card/tag to write my sentiment.
A pretty red glittery gift bag stuffed with goodies, a candy cane and a pretty tag also looks elegant. Gift wrapping and giving doesn't have to be expensive. You can split things, make things, create things and save money.
Lastly, after finding my containers, filling them with goodies, creating the tag, I hole punched it with a star hole punch and topped it with ribbon I had on hand. Another beautiful addition instead of ribbon is tulle.
What are some easy gift ideas or wraps you enjoy? I'd love to hear. As well, if you'd like what you see here at Artsy Findings and enjoy the company as I enjoy yours, would you share with a friend this season. As a small business, this is a gift to us. I love the relationships built here and appreciate the support. 2014 I'm praying and hoping will look much different than 2013. I've started to sell some painting and more on that in the future. Classes, exciting news and more are on the horizon as time and energy allows.
Warmest creative wishes!