A Successful Life and Relationships
Recently I was reading a newsletter that was talking about successful tips on retirement. They were such great practical tips, not only for retirement, but for life and relationships. I definitely thought they were worth repeating. I added the first one and expanded a little on some points.
- Smile – it’s free and understood in every language.
- Be of service to others. There is a million and one ways to get connected in your community and even in your neighborhood. Is there a senior that needs errands done or something picked up from the grocery store? How about helping out a friend and driving them to an appointment. Volunteering at one of many places that are in line with your passions in life, are also a great way to serve others.
- Learning something new keeps your mind sharp and your life interesting.
- Stay in touch with friends and make new ones.
- Do things you enjoy (especially in retirement, because now is your time).
- Spend more time with family.
- Stay active and practice good self-care.
- Look at your glass half full and practice gratitude.
So I definitely thought these were some good life tips. Whatever your day holds, I hope you experience some joy and contentment.
Thiose are great tips for retirees and everyone!
I thought so too Jean! Hope you’re enjoying those sweet gkids!
Love those tips. Just went thru a knee replacement and the pain has thrown me for a loop. I am learning patience. Great to hear from you Brave Girl friend!
Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about the pain. I’m sending warmest well wishes and prayers. Yes, that patience with ourselves and healing is so important.