Creating Senior Sweeties Valentines is a Breeze
Gel Press has a challenge and it’s a sweet one. Here’s the details.
I was thrilled to participate in this challenge and spread some cheer to those in retirement or nursing homes. I also plan on sending some to a couple of seniors I personally know that are sick with the yucky Covid. It’s so important to let them know that others are thinking of them!
Creating cards are easy and fun! I used a few items to make different cards, but each turned out so unique. With the Gel Press plate, backgrounds are simple, fun and quick. The plates come in several different sizes and shapes like a heart, perfect for Valentines.
- 5 x 7 Gel Press Plate
- Petites which includes Gel Press Plate Heart – Lovely Days Set
- Misti Stamping Tool by My Sweet Petunia
- Acrylic paint in a 3-5 colors
- Waffle Flower Hello Die
- Scissors – regular and deckled
- Copy Paper for your Gel Press prints
- Cardstock for cards – I purchase Michael’s or Hobby Lobby pre-packaged cards and envelopes
- Paper Trimmer
- Script Stamp
- Embossing ink and powder
- Heat Tool
- Stamp Sentiments
- Tape Runner/Adhesive/Adhesive Pop Dots
- Spray Ink
- Carabelle Studios Texture Art Stamp
The How To:
- Using Your Gel Press 5 x 7 plate create background prints for cards by using acrylics and texture stamp.
- Create prints on your heart gel plate using acrylic and script stamp
- Trim your prints with a paper trimmer or deckle scissors to fit your card base and adhere.
- Cut out heart prints.
- Stamp and emboss a sentiment by using embossing ink, powder and heat tool
- Adhere the heart to the card
- Die cut Hello x 2 (one for a shadow) and adhere together. Adhere the hello to the card with tape runner or adhesive pop dots.
- Finish off by splattering a some spray ink on the card
Looking for more card ideas or ways to use your gel press? Find card inspiration here or check out previous posts on blog.artsyfindings.com.
Will you be joining us on this challenge to spread some cheer to let our Senior Sweeties know they are not alone?
Warmest creative wishes,
Daughter, Wife, Mother, Friend, artist, vintage loving, law enforcement officer, Southern Californian, God and country loving girl who loves to meet like minded creative people, share life with new and old friends. Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. ~André Gide
These cards are absolutely lovely!
More beautiful than any card I’ve ever seen
in a card shop or elsewhere.
You are amazing…
You’re so sweet! You’ll be getting one.