I’m not sure about you but these days I’m feeling more uncertain about some things than I ever have. Rising prices, friends and co-workers who have had sudden illnesses, grocery shortages, and more. Having gone through a serious illness before, things can change quickly from one day to the next. Things can be uncertain. I thought I’d share a few of my favorite thoughts and helpful hints when uncertainty might come your way. They help me.
- Stand on your faith. Read a devotional book or an encouraging story.
- Take a break from the news
- Go outside and take a walk in nature
- Create art
- Share a cup of coffee with a friend and a dose of encouragement
- Do something for someone else . . . volunteer at a food bank or help a neighbor
These are just a handful of things that can get us outside of situation for a moment. These things give us a little outside perspective that for the moment.
In creating art, I think about the parallel of art and the uncertainty of life.
- Art sometimes doesn’t turn out the way you expected, but the way it was meant to be.
- Art at times is uncertain, just like life. We aren’t promised tomorrow, so create it!
- In both art and life, we are given a canvas. While some things are out of our control, life is like a blank canvas and we can choose to make life a unique special piece of work.
- You are a masterpiece – your personality, your uniqueness, your life. Even the trials; you can use them to make you better or bitter. But you have a message to convey through your You-nique life. Don’t be afraid to be bold.
“Live life to the fullest. You have to color outside the lines once in a while if you want to make your life a masterpiece. Laugh some every day. Keep growing, keep dreaming, keep following your heart. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” ~ Albert Einstein