I find art journaling brings me a great and creative distraction. Maybe it’s a moment away from all the happenings in the world, or maybe just using my hands. Either way, I find it encouraging and therapeutic.
Life for all as a nation and world , hasn’t been easy lately. I want to encourage you to do something that calms your spirit and is therapeutic.
I used the following supplies on the above art journal spread;
- Ranger Ink - Dina Wakley Media - Journal - 8 x 10
- Price: $23.74
- Ranger Ink - Dina Wakley Media - Washi Tape - Set 1
- Price: $9.49
- Dina Wakley Gloss Spray (Lime, Cheddar, Turquoise, White)
- Tim Holtz Distress Crayon (Tumbled Glass)
- Misc. Dotted Stencil (Recollections)
- Deli Paper
- Black Permanent Pen
Here's a quick how to on the above pages:
- Add stenciling with paints and sprays.
- Using the alpha masks, spell out desired word and spray over the letters.
- Define letters with a black pen
- Burlap scrap from journal
- Using Mosaic Stencil and Spray Oxides and paints, stencil a background leaving white space.
- While allowing stencil to dry, on deli paper, create a circle using Distress Oxide Spray and a small brush, paint and top with stencil.
- While allowing both to dry, emboss the dress of the paper doll.
- Place circle on top of page and around stenciling.
- Add some splatters of paint
- Add washi tape, adhere paper doll and add a little burlap string and attach with a stapler.
No matter how wonky life gets, I hope you'll take a moment for you and do something that lifts your spirits and encourages you.
Warmest creative wishes,