Yes, for those who enjoy arts and crafts . . . this coming Saturday is like a national holiday. Saturday represents the Superbowl of Crafting . . . National Scrapbook Day . . . always the first Saturday in May. But some local stores and venues . . . festivities will even start the night before (Friday) and they go all throughout the weekend. I’ll be spending Saturday with dear friends creating away but wanted to leave a little tutorial for you. It’s a mixed media card I created using a finger painting technique to create clouds. The card is simple, quick and could be used for an assortment of occasions.
Here’s what I used and what you’ll need to make your own:
- White Acrylic Paint (I use Plaid)
- Sky Blue Acrylic Paint (Plaid)
- A couple of other hues of blue – Acrylic Paint (Plaid)
- A mini roller
- Black Ink (Staz-On)
- Gold Pigment Ink (Clear Snap)
- Black Ink Pen
- Wing Stamps
- Painters Tape
- Premade card (I purchase mine at Michael’s in a value pack that includes the cards and envelopes) or DIY card/cardstock
Here’s the how to. Enjoy and as always . . . warmest creative wishes! Let me know if you’re celebrating today . . . or what you’re up to. I’d love to hear.