Traveling to new places has always been something I enjoy! Whether in the states or abroad, I’ve always enjoyed seeing and experiencing new people, places, the food and culture. It was no different when I recently traveled with my mom to Ohio. We were primarily going to Canton, Ohio to visit my Uncle David who took the position of the Pro Football Hall of Fame President/Executive Director in January. I was taking my mom to visit her baby brother (about 11 years younger but 6’9″). I have never met two siblings that love each other so much! They did not grow up with a silver spoon in their mouth and in fact grew up very poor but their parents (my grandparents) worked hard and made a better living for themselves, their children and grandchildren.
America’s game of football . . . Uncle Dave is making a great impact growing and developing the Hall. He loves his mission statements which are so important and that’s one thing he has certainly established at the HOF. Love my uncle so much and he is so talented!
It was most lovely to visit with my uncle David and aunt Colleen. They have a beautiful home and the surroundings of Ohio (the colors, the foliage), absolutely incredible! Woke up to a beautiful view of the golf course each morning and their home . . . just so lovely! Of course we got the VIP tour of the Hall of Fame and we also visited Amish country.
There was also times of rest . . . and that’s just what we needed. I also completed an angel one day for my aunt. Nothing shares better than photos so I’ll leave you with this. Thank you for walking down memory lane with me.
I am hoping that these weeks to come take you to someplace new . . . whether that means travel or trying something new.
Feel free to view the following video and enjoy the scenery. Thanks for sharing memory lane with me. Some thoughts that come to mind on our trip;
- Breast Cancer support at the Hall (Hall lit up pink at night). Our trip was in October of last year but just sharing now
- Hall-o-ween and NFL trolls
- The beautiful colors of fall, beautiful scenery and a visit to an eatery at a winery that was so incredibly yummy
- Selfie with a buggy
- Antique stores
- Art everywhere; God’s art in the colors of the foliage, in the Hall, among the Amish, even created some while I was there
- The Lombardi Trophy (Super Bowl Trophy); watching people from all over the world enjoy the activities and scenery of the Hall. I can’t wait to see it in a couple years.
Do you have any local or far reaching trips planned? Right now my daughter is in D.C. and will also visit Costa Rica this summer. Whether an escape locally or to far off lands . . . precious memories can be made. Tonight I get to see my uncle and family. Each day a gift.
Warmest wishes for a day full of beautiful memories,