While some things in our lives we CANNOT control, some things we can. Often we can determine the outcome of something. For example . . . the principle of planting, is that you will reap what you sow. You plant and put in the hard work, you’ll usually always get a good harvest. The principal of giving is that you give, it will come back around to you.
Our lives can be a blank canvas and often we can choose to ‘create’ a canvas that is full of color and joy. So often it’s a choice. Even with the things we can’t control, we still have a choice in how we react to situations that come our way. The below art journal entry is a reminder of the above concept and to ‘Create a Living Canvas.
What I love about this page as well is that I took scraps of different things to create it. Isn’t that what life is a lot about . . . moments woven together.
I love using my Gel Press prints in my journal. It doesn’t have to be the whole prnt you use, but rather some bits and pieces that give color, texture and interest. Can you spot them?
Supplies Used include:
- Gel Press prints
- Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays (Lime, Eggplant, Lemon, Olive, Marine, Sand)
- Dina Wakley Acrylics (Turquose, Mineral)
- Dina Wakley Stamps – Collaged Girls, Scribbled Text Elements
- Dina Wakley Stencils – Circles for Painting, Petals, and older discontinued 3 in 1
- Dina Wakley Washi Tape
- Dina Wakley Collaged Collective
- Fiskars Punch
- Colorbox Pigment Ink – White
Wishing you warmest creative wishes,