Simple Ideas to Show Kindness
Kindness can change lives! No matter what your financial status, whether you are working or retired, or whatever circumstances present themselves, there are so many ways to show kindness.
During the holidays, life can be crazy busy, difficult and hard, so kindness can often make even more of an impact. Below are a few ways big and small that we can show kindness.
- Smile at another and make eye contact.
- Help someone with their groceries to their car.
- Allow someone to go in front of you at the store.
- Offer the gift of forgiveness if appropriate.
- Listen. Time is the most precious gift. Listening is a gift of time and attention.
- Offer a parking space to someone else. Now, that’s a biggie.
- Bake or cook for neighbors.
- Thank those who serve you, such as the post-person, the grocery store clerk, waitress, etc. A “thank you for your service” goes a long way.
- Add money to someone’s parking meter.
- Give to your local animal shelter – donate blankets or towels (new or used). As a result, you might even give a furry friend home and yourself a gift.
- Give toiletry kits and socks to homeless shelters.
- Do something for someone, just because. Someone did that for me recently and it touched my heart!
- Pay for a person’s coffee or treat behind you.
- Donate to your local food bank.
- Make a donation.
Any of the ways above can touch a life! There are countless ways to say you care. How will you reach out to another this year? When you give, both the giver and receiver benefit.
Love these ideas…
I’ve also found the joy is a two-way street. Not only do the people I do for receive a little joy, it brings great joy to me.
Cheryl, you are one of the kindest people I know and I’m so happy to call you my daughter.
Great attitude and thought! For sure.