Be You. Bravely
It’s been a while since my last post and for good reason. I returned from Idaho and an amazing Brave Girl University teacher retreat. Shortly after that on a Sunday night, I began to experience some internal bleeding and a lot of pain. It landed me in the hospital for three days with ulcers and then rest for an additional four days after that. So I’ve been a little MIA but I’ve been doing some extra resting and returning to normal.
I wanted to share a few thoughts on Being You . . . Bravely. I’ve been thinking on this often. As many of you know, I have a teenage daughter (she will be 18 this year) and I want her to be able to feel comfortable in her own skin and with the gifts she’s been given. I created a little rock as a reminder. Here are some things I’ve been thinking both for myself and my daughter. As well, this is a precious subject that is resonating at the Brave Girl University. Melody has a course up called ‘To Keep and To Give’ talking about the gifts we have to offer. As well, Jen Lee shares a self paced course about ‘Finding Your Voice’ and moving through fear. Also featured is my course titled ‘Embrace Yourself’ and many other wonderful artists messages and classes. Some wonderful things to think about in regards to amazing you. Check out more HERE.
- What do you stand for? What are your convictions, your passions? What are of legacy do you want to leave?
- We all are inspired by others. Take those things but don’t duplicate them per se.
- Do what you’re good at and what you enjoy. If you don’t enjoy it, don’t do it and try something new.
- Be brave and do something different. Go for it . . . give that wild idea a try but don’t forget your experience and wisdom as well. A great package. Steve Jobs (Apple) said, “The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
- Remember you are stronger than fear. It’s not going to overtake you. Yes, it’s effects are real but you are strong and you are brave.
- Remember you have great value. You are precious and others need what you have to offer.
What are your thoughts on this subject? I’d love to know.
Thank you for some great wisdom and timely reminders for all of us women not matter what stage of life we are in. Cheryl, you are one of the bravest women I am blessed to know!
Sweet Kelly Sasman, what precious words that touch my heart so!!! Oh friend, you help me be brave!
Thank you for this post! I especially like the bullet points/questions you included at the end. I have put several of them in my art journal for safe keeping and jumping off points! Blessings to you!
Diana, thanks for your sweet comments and feedback. I hope you’ll enjoy Part 2 and a little DIY action too. You’re so sweet. Thanks for stopping by! Warmest creative wishes!