Welcome to 2023 and the Sizzix Chapter 2 Release Party of Eileen Hull’s newest dies. You won’t want to miss all the inspiration in store for you, so once you’re done here, check out the line up on Eileen Hull’s blog HERE. There is inspiration and fun, and prizes in store on this Blog Hop. Below is more information on the dies themselves and how you can get your hands on them for a discount.
I’m thrilled about the new Eileen Hull’s Journaling Card, Envelope, and Window Die Set. The possibilities are endless. They work so well with Eileen’s other dies such as the Library Pocket ATC Card and Tabs Die, Snail Mail, New Mini Slimline and Tickets, and the New Card Case book Die. So many ideas flowing.
With Eileen’s new Journaling Card, Envelope, and Window die set, I created a ‘Pocket Full of Encouragement.’ When our daughter was away at college, I created and sent her a ‘Tough Day‘ tin that contained mini photos of some of her favorite memories, things to do, and encouraging quotes. It was all contained in a small decorated metal tin about the size of a cd case. She could pull out and thumb through when she was having a tough day.
The idea for this Pocket Full of Encouragement is similar. This envelope is full of some journaling cards, tickets, and bits and pieces that you can send as a gift. My hope is that the one receiving this gift, would write down some of their goals, dreams, mantras, stories, and things they’ve learned and accomplished. They could even take a mini Polaroid photo of themselves to include in the frame. I want them (and you for that matter) to remember that you/they are beloved.
This stuffed Journaling Card Envelope using Eileen’s new dies, could serve as an encouraging reminder and could hang in a room or on a refrigerator. A powerful little package to be a constant reminder that they are beloved, capable, strong, and making progress on their journey.
Here is what I used for this project:
- Sizzix New Thinlits Mini Slimline and Tickets Die Set by Eileen Hull
- Sizzix New Thinlits Journaling Card, Envelope, and Window Die Set by Eileen Hull
- Sizzix Library Pocket ATC Card and Tabs Dies by Eileen Hull
- Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Embossing Folder – Tablecloth by Eileen Hull
- Sizzix Acrylic Paint for distressing/accentuation on embossing folder
- Sizzix Surfacez Cork Roll
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Text Stamps
- Ink for distressing
- Heart tag found at Target Dollar Spot
- Polaroid Frame
- Handmade Barette/Pin using scraps
- Misc. small stamps
- Scraps, Bits and Pieces
When creating and using these amazing dies full of potential, I encourage you to think of ways to include pockets, tickets, tags, and more. Emboss make tags created from different Sizzix Surfacez like cork, and more. You can also add some accentuation to embossed surfaces with Sizzix Acrylic paint. Did you know that Sizzix carries other substrates such as felt, crepe paper, sequins, beads, glitter, luster wax, and more? They can all found on Sizzix’ site HERE.
- Buy all three dies and get FREE SHIPPING on your order in the US PLUS save an additional $10! Cost to buy dies individually is $122- buy the bundle and pay only $112. Outside US, I will deduct $10 from shipping. More information on Eileen’s site.
- The Card Case is a Bigz XL ScoreBoards die. This die is specially designed to cut and score thick material up to 1/16″ like matboard, chipboard, leather, felt and fabric so your finished project is nice and sturdy. This is the perfect size journal to hold your 3″ x 4″ journaling cards
- The Journaling Card, Envelope & Windows die has 6 pieces– an envelope, 3″ x 4″ Journaling Card, three window cutouts (use with envelope to remove and back with glassine like a window envelope) and a tab. The Envelope measures 4 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and fits perfectly inside the Journal! Or use it by itself and add your favorite ephemera pieces.
- The Mini-Slimline & Tickets die design is similar to the Snail Mail die, which was very popular for creating faux postage stamps. There are four dies in the set- one is the size of a mini slimline card and one is a mat that may be placed behind the perforated piece. The other two pieces are a row of tickers and mat that goes behind that. When you fold over each perforated piece and tear it, it creates individual faux postage stamps and tickets! Die cut the piece from patterned paper for an amazing background- just add a sentiment and let the paper do the work.
There’s a giveaway! Comment in the Facebook and YouTube streams and tell us which of Eileen’s other dies would work well with this collection. You have until April 10 to post your comments.
Watch Eileen’s YouTube channel to see die assembly and project ideas! Eileen also does two livestreams each week on Facebook and shares on YouTube, inspiration on how to to use these dies in different ways. You are invited to join our creative community Facebook group, the Eileen Hull Fan Club (special events and exclusive content). You can also follow her on Instagram at @eileenhull!
Thank you for visiting. If you wish to subscribe and be notified of future posts, feel free to see the right hand column. Otherwise, sit back, relax and enjoy. I’ll post a second project tomorrow (see a peek below) using Eileen’s New Scoreboards XL Card Case die This project is great for a grandparents brag book, birthday gift with a gift card, or a mini recipe book of favorites to share with friends. Here’s a peak and I’ll post more later.
How would you use and incorporate these versatile dies?
Sending warmest creative wishes,