Oh how I loved to combine, make old things new, and jazz up my art journaling pages. I thought I’d share a post about just a few of my favorite Mixed Media Resources. Be prepared to be enabled.
- Gel Press – mono printing at it’s best, these tools create one of a kind prints to frame, use in art journals, on cards, and more. Can purchase at Gelpress.com or at Joggles.com
- Stampington and Company – several inspiring publications that are sure to spark ideas and to view the amazing work of Creatives.
- UmWowStudio – Dee Dee Cantron has some amazing fun goods you can purchase at the UmWowStudio. They are unique and range from wax beads, chipboard, wood pieces, and more. It’s a fabuluous and fun site.
- FrogDogStudio on Etsy – Tina Walker offers unique vintage ephemera that is sure to pump up your pages.
- Vintage Paper Market on Etsy – You can find unique Golden and other books, vintage ephemera, fun items from the past, and more. Such a fun place to browse through.
- Joggles – for some fun foam stamps and stencils. Many are created by well known mixed-media artists and very unique.
- Ricki – a fellow Creative and now friend I’ve met and corresponded with online. She has these awesome quote cards and art journals that are just fabulous. Just awesome!
- Stamp Fever – There is a favorite local independently owned store I enjoy getting my mixed media supplies like Tim Holtz inks, embossing glazes, stamp pads, etc. They ship. Often they will even place a custom order for you if they don’t have it in the store.
- Shop Your Stash – you can also find plenty of mixed media inspiration in your stash, in the mail, or wherever you can find things to repurpose. For example, what would otherwise be discarded mail envelopes work great in art journals, cardboard, rusty bits you might find, and more. Look at things and wander the possibilities.
If you take advantage of any of the above, please feel free to tell them that I sent you. I think they’d loved to know. I hope you enjoy browsing (or better yet, shopping).
Below are a few peeks of things I created recently using resources from above.
Warmest creative wishes,