‘Spread Hope’ Eileen Hull’s Pocket Notebook Tutorial
Ways in which you can use Eileen Hull’s Pocket Notebook are so vast! I created the below fabric book titled ‘Spread Hope.’ Isn’t that something we could use right now?
Looking for amazing inspiration on how to easily create your own books, for less than $13, you can download new E-book featuring Pocket Notebooks like the one below. To download yours check out more HERE.
I created this ‘Spread Hope’ Pocket Notebook with the idea to capture some favorite quotes, verses, and inspiration in one book. You could give it to a friend or family member or set it on the coffee table. I wanted to use hand dyed fabric for a Boho look, but the possibilities of what kind of materials you can use for your Pocket Notebook are vast. I also used thick kraft colored cardstock to fill the book and make pages.
Here’s what you need:
- Eileen Hull’s Pocket Notebook Die by Sizzix
- Hand Dyed Fabric
- Embroidery Floss or Twine
- Acrylic Paint
- Sunrise Stencil
- Stencil brush
- Dimensional Magic
- Paper Dolly
- Kraft Colored Cardstock
- Misc. fabric flowers and notions
- Tacky Glue
- Misc. paperclips
- Misc. Index Tabs, etc.
The How To:
- Die Cut the journal from the fabric.
- Create signatures with kraft colored paper
- Paint a base on the cover of the fabric
- Draw or cut out a pair of glasses.
- Using yellow acrylic paint, stencil and stencil brush to create a ‘sun ray’ type of pattern. Dry with a heat tool or allow to dry naturally.
- Glue glasses and favorite quote on the cover of the book.
- Tie kraft colored paper signatures into the book with embroidery floss.
- Add notions and fabric flowers to glasses and spine of book.
- Add washi tape and miscellaneous items to pages.
- Glue fabric pen holder to the last page of the cardstock.
- Tie tulle around book to close.
I hope during this time you’re able to set aside time to create.
Warmest Creative Wishes,
Your notebook is so pretty! This die is on my Crafty Wish List.;)
I love that this die is on your crafty wish list Tanya! Birthday? Mother’s Day? Thanks for your sweet words!
That is such a cool notebook I love it and it makes me want to create one. Hopefully soon but life is busy over here with projects that are in the need of finishing!
Michelle. Thanks for your sweet comments. Yes, so many projects and not enough time. I get it. I’m glad you’re safe. Take care of you!