Bella Crafts E-Book and DIY ‘Be Inspired’ Eileen Hull’s Pocket Notebook
Eileen Hull’s Pocket Notebook die manufactured by Sizzix is so versatile! The possibilities to create unique books of all kinds are endless.
Myself, and several other crafters were a part of Eileen Hull’s Pocket Notebook Release Party in October of last year. My original post can be found HERE. I’m excited to share again within the pages of Bella Crafts most recent E-book published which is chock full of inspiration and ideas to use the Pocket Notebook Die. This E-book chock full of E-nspiration for less than $13, will wow you will so many ideas on how to use this die. To download your own copy you can check more out HERE.
Yesterday I posted the below fabric book also shared in the Pocket Notebook E-book. Check out that post HERE.
Here’s another idea on how to create your own ‘Be Inspired’ Pocket Notebook.
- If you’re looking to find this die, here’s WHERE.
- Begin by die cutting all pieces of Eileen’s Pocket Notebook from Sizzix mat board
- Choose a favorite paper napkin and separate the many layers. With Mod Podge or Matte Medium, adhere the top layer of the paper napkin over the cover (front and back).
- While cover is drying, paint pencil holder and clasp with pink acrylic paint.
- Create five inserts or ‘signatures’ out of cardstock for the inside pages of your book.
- If you desire to have a pocket inside your book, feel free to use my free pocket template download (below). You can use patterned paper or paper of your choice.
- Thread elastic through the spine and each slot, tying a knot for each signature. Make sure it’s not too tight but taught.
- Adorn the spine and outside of the cover by tying ribbon, lace, fabric, beads to the elastic and adhering bee images and letter stickers to the front.
- Punch index tabs from patterned paper and apply your section titles where desired.
- To create a colorful clip for your book, simply stencil and paint on deli paper or tissue. Thinner paper works much better. Adhere the paper to a binder clip with Mod Podge or Gel Medium. Once dry, cut or peel the excess paper. Add other additional clips and pretties to pages as desired.
- Use sketches of your own work or a favorite artist to fill the pages of your book. As well, use paint, washi tape, stencils, scraps of colorful paper, and motivational phrases to decorate the inside of your book. Collage and stamp the insides of your pages to encourage creativity.
- Enjoy your book or give it to a friend as a gift.
Below a few photos and a short video flipping through the pages.
Again, feel free to check out the E-book HERE which is an amazing value.
‘Be Inspired’ and warmest creative wishes,