Welcome to the Pocket Notebook Release Party! I’m so thrilled to be a part of this exciting release. This is Eileen Hull’s newest book die with Sizzix. On the die, you get all the pieces you need to make an entire book; the cover, pages, latch and pen loop! The Pocket Notebook measures 6 3/4″ x 4 1/2″ with a spine that can adjust from 3/8″ to almost 2″. String it with elastic, hemp, ribbon, or twine. This die is so versatile.
Eileen’s Inspiration and Educator teams have joined together to show you amazing Pocket Notebook ideas. Feel free to join in on the Blog Hop to see all the amazing projects, techniques and videos! Below are some instruction on how I created my book. Also below, located after the photos are a list of Blog Hop participants to continue on this fun journey.
Love the die? There are two GIVEAWAYS; the Pocket Notebook die and a gift certificate for Eileen’s Etsy store. To enter to win, leave a comment on each of the posts. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, October 8 on Eileen’s Facebook Live show. If you want your own NOW, you can purchase yours HERE.
Some ideas I have in store for making additional notebooks with this lovely die include: a notebook for shopping lists, meeting notes at work, record travel memories, gift for friends (including one for Essential Oil notes), and teaching a Gel Press class.
I plan to use my Pocket Notebook below to capture ideas buzzing around in my head. I used the clasp as my pen loop, and the pen loop as my clasp. Make it your own. I can’t wait to cut things from all kinds of material. I titled my book, “Be Inspired.”
Here is a little ‘how to’ regarding my “Be Inspired” notebook:
- I created five inserts/mini booklets/signatures just for this book made of cardstock.
- I sketched, painted, inked, stenciled, and collaged on the cover, some of the signature covers, and a few pages.
- The outside cover of the notebook is created with Score mat board.
- I created a clip for my book. The clip is an easy create by simply painting on some deli paper or tissue, and then adhering it to a binder clip with Mod Podge or Gel Medium.
- I covered the outside cover with a napkin and used gel matte medium to adhere.
- I also created a pocket insert for my notebook with yellow roses patterned paper. I’m including a downloadable template (below) for you as a little gift, in case you would like to make your own to add to your Pocket Notebook.
Below a few photos and a short video flipping through the pages. Below that is a list of your next exciting stops on the Blog Hop.
Inspiration lies on the road ahead . . .
Cheryl Waters (you are here)
Thanks for hopping along with us today! Warmest creative wishes!