Do you find yourself feeling like you have to earn time to be creative? Of course we need to meet the needs of ourselves and others at home or work, but it’s necessary that you have time to recharge. If you’re like me, being creative helps me recharge and re-engage. I thought I’d share a couple ways that I treat myself to creative exercises.
Entice your creativity . . .
- What brings you comfort? Is it a cup of your favorite tea? Maybe it’s a special blanket you cuddle up in or a book you’re reading. Take 10 minutes and ‘just do it.’ Relaxation can spark more productivity and creativity.
- Take some of your old magazines or even advertisements you receive in the mail and cut out words that speak to you and bring you joy. Glue them in your favorite journal or piece of paper. Hang it up on your refrigerator or somewhere that you can see them often and let them provide a smile.
- Splurge on an art, sewing or creative magazine and set aside time to read it.
- Have a vacation day coming to you, take a day off and have an artful staycation.
- It’s so important to keep learning and growing. Treat yourself to an on-line course or spend a little time watching Youtube and learning something new.
These are just a few exercises to promote relaxation and creativity. Be kind to yourself and take a creative break today.
Warmest creative wishes,Cheryl