Every Day Creativity
The last blog post I shared, I talked about taking a risk and sharing your art with others. I love that my planner is just that . . . a planner that helps me stay organized but that also provides a bit of space to be creative each day. The benefits of being creative each day are amazing.
Here are just a few:
- Self-Expression – helps you express yourself sometimes when words can’t
- Releases Endorphins – the happy hormone
- Studies have shown it helps reduce stress
- Increases our steps toward bravery and promotes a feel of accomplishment
- Allows thinking outside the box; improves problem solving
- Helps you improve relationships by helping you imagine yourself in someone else’s shoes.
- It’s just plain fun
There are so many different reasons why creativity is a benefit. Here are some ideas you may or may not have thought about in regards to creativity. Creativity is not just art; it’s music, writing, looking at something differently. It comes in all forms.
- Changing a habit – take a different way to work and notice your surroundings.
- Take a bit of time for you and try a new hobby or take some time for one you already love; playing an instrument, scrapbooking, painting, or something else.
- Keep a journal. Write, draw, record your goals, dreams. Collect in it.
- Attend a concert of a music genre that might be a bit different than your normal. Visit an art gallery, fair or attend the theater. There are great community events all around or even on line.
- Read – books are a wonderful way to enhance creativity in your life. I’m not much of a reader but when I finish a book, it’s usually because it was a good one. Try reading a biography or a book on how to learn a new skill.
- Feel free to check out some awesome value art learning opportunities in the right column. There are also many wonderful learning opportunities at your community colleges or through city programs.
I’ll leave you with a few photos of my planner (old and current) where I practiced daily creativity. Encouraging you to experience creativity and leaving you with a quote from Albert Einstein ~ “Creativity is contagious, pass it on.”
Warmest creative wishes,