Welcome to the first official Fisk-a-friends Blog Hop. Fun is around the corner. Here are a little housekeeping tips for the Blog Hop. The Fisk-a-friends Blog Hop begins officially at March 27 at 6 p.m. (Pacific Time).
- For complete Blog Hop rules please click here.
- On Fisk-a-friend blog hop you are sure to find some wonderful ideas pertaining to crafting, scrapbooking, art and mixed media.
- Jean Bullock has done an amazing job organizing sponsors (thank you sponsors and Jean), you are in for a treat! A great giveaways! If you would like to be eligible for the sponsor giveaway drawing, start at the Fiskafriends blog here and follow instructions.
- I’ll also be doing a personal giveaway right here. Just make a comment here and I’ll chose a random winner within the U.S. – sorry. It will be a paper pack you won’t be disappointed in. It’s a beauty!
- Not responsible for errors, lost, damaged or stolen prizes. But let’s hope for the best.
- If you like what you see, would like to connect, get to know one another a bit better, feel free to subscribe (the right sidebar). Thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoy! So glad you’re here and wishing you a fun and artful journey!!What’s What’s a Fisk-a-friend? Check out more here.
I don’t know about you but I am inspired by nature! I love anything with wings; birds, butterflies, angels . . . except for maybe bats. But most winged creatures are so lovely. I (along with many others) enjoy butterflies. I love what they represent . . . new beginnings, transformation, breaking free and more! I’ve needed a piece of art for my downstairs bathroom for a while and thought instead of purchasing one, I’d make my own using my stash. You too can easily create this simple artsy Wall-hanging.
Here’s the how to! What’s needed:
- Watercolor Paper
- Butterfly Stamps
- Acrylic Paint (I used Martha Stewart/Plaid paint – Color: Putty)
- Watercolor crayons (I used Caran d’Ache – my favs but there’s many brands out there)
- Word/Sentiment Stamps
- Old credit card or gift card
- Water mister
The How to:
- Measure where you’d like your artwork to display within the frame.
- With an old gift card apply some acrylic paint on the card and scrape paint onto watercolor paper for a base. Dry with a heat tool.
- Next, take your butterfly stamp and mist it with a bit of water. Rub watercolor crayons over the stamp to give it a good coat. You may want to stamp a sample to make sure you don’t have too much water or color. Then repeat process.
- Stamp the butterflies where you desire. Allow to dry.
- Stamp sentiments in the center of the butterflies. I chose some that reminded me that Life is a journey! Explore each day that is given to us as a gift! Thank God! Discover what we can learn, enjoy or share within each moment, day and chapter. See life as an adventure. There will be up and downs (unfortunately some sadness) but don’t forget that each chapter – can have purpose. There is a destination! There are detours but there are goals and eventually a destination! I’m choosing to make the most of my days! PS ~ I’m a breast cancer survivor (3 years).
- Remember that it’s okay if it’s not perfect! That makes it original. Insert into frame and enjoy!
Easy peasy and lovely. Can coordinate with your colors, personalize or send a special message. Again, thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoy the rest of your journey with your Fisk-a-friends!
Happy Hopping . . .
Start here . . .
- Jean Bullock, #8889, http://ez3dpopups.blogspot.com
- Susan Slomski, #6150, http://sueinct.blogspot.com
- Cindy deRosier, #4113, http://www.cindyderosier.com
- Tifany DeGough, #5942, http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com
- Cheryl Waters, #002, https://blog.artsyfindings.com
- Jean Marmo, #7358, http://pagesintime.blogspot.com/
- Teresa Godines #6857 http://purplebunnypapercrafts.blogspot.com/
- Michelle O’Driscoll #7586 http://scrapbookingsos.blogspot.ca/
- Nancy Carroll #11488 http://nancecarroll.blogspot.com
- Maya Oren-Dahan #351 http://mayadahan.blogspot.com
- Amy Martin Jones #8546 http://thetigershaven.blogspot.com/
- Karen Poirier-Brode (Ladydoc) #2858 http://www.karenscorneroftheweb.blogspot.com
- Tanya Napier #5407 http://mamabirdy-happinessishomemade.blogspot.com/
- Pamela Haskin #8040 www.cottagebelow.com
- Stasia Sloma #9314 http://www.stampzone.blogspot.com
- Tracy Moloney #6773 http://tracyscraftyadventures.blogspot.com.au/
- Kim Chenez #5612 http://scrapbooknstampingfun.blogspot.com/
As always . . . warmest creative wishes,