Hello. I am so glad you’re here. I look forward to this time with you and hope as you read, even sip on a cup of tea or coffee that you know I appreciate you. I enjoy staying connected with dear friends and meeting new ones. While I am sharing a bit about my journey, I want to know about yours. We can learn from one another and we need each other on this journey we call life.
A little about my journey . . .
I am a law enforcement officer by day. I also enjoy my role as a mom, wife, daughter, mixed media artist, author, vintage collector and re-purposer who loves to connect with other hearts through teaching and sharing life and art.
I love God, my family, friends and country. Through my art and writing I attempt to spread a message of hope (even through the difficult valleys). Diagnosed with breast cancer in 2012, I’ve learned even more to appreciate and hold dear ‘the gifts in the journey.’ Life isn’t a cakewalk but there are blessings even in the trials and for that I’m grateful.
I love to create and share life through art. I use all kinds of mediums (mixed media) as well as bits of vintage loveliness. From art journaling, non-traditional scrapbooking, hand crafted décor, jewelry and more, I enjoy all forms of creative avenues.
- (2006-2012) I enjoyed being the lead founding Fiskateer/craft ambassador for Fiskars (the Orange Handled Scissor Company). I traveled across the U.S. teaching in stores, trade shows and conventions and provided inspiration to the community of over 10,000 members, the Fiskars site, guest sites and more. As a lead brand ambassador, we planned and coordinated large crafting events, handled a budget and spread creative joy. Four of us lead Fiskateers (my call sign #002) helped to get this marketing and crafting program off the ground. It was a beautiful experience and I loved connecting with other wonderful creative like-minded people who are still so dear to me. Find more here.
- Stampington and Company has been a lovely connection and I enjoy regularly sharing my story through publication in their many lovely magazines. I’ve written articles and shared work in Somerset Memories, Somerset Home, Somerset Studio, Somerset Life, Somerset Apprentice, Somerset Workshop, Altered Couture, Art Doll Quarterly, Belle Armoire Jewelry, and Handcrafted.
- Contributions as a guest artist/designer have touched my heart with wonderful friendships. Some of the sites I’ve shared as a guest include; Jenni Bowlin, Pink Paislee, ClearSnap, Ice Resin – Susan Lenart Kazmer, Mod Podge Rocks/Plaid, Art Glitter, Vintage Street Market, My Little Shoebox, Crescendoh (“Art Saves” story), The Graphics Fairy and more.
- Calendar work ~ I’ve enjoyed sharing my journey of cancer survival, art and hope; to walk alongside others who are going through a similar journey. By the urging of some dear friends, I submitted artwork to the American Society of Clinical Oncology, “Expressions of Hope” 2014 calendar in which I had several pieces (cover as well) published.
- In February 2016, artwork was chosen and exhibited in Las Laguna Gallery in Laguna Beach, CA. Part of a Sketch book project with participants in many different states and countries, we created a sketch book in 2015 and encouraged to submit work for a jury selection to be exhibited. I submitted two pieces (titled ‘Journey Together’ and ‘Daydreams of the Sea’) and both were chosen to be a part of the exhibit. Was a lovely adventure to meet with and experience other artists work.
- September 2015 I was asked to join in a wonderful new chapter of the Brave Girl movement, Melody Ross. I’m a teacher at Brave Girl University. You can find my on-line courses hosted on this site. You can enjoy courses from the most well known mixed media artists and speakers all for one fee. It’s amazing! Check out more HERE.
I’m excited to dive in again after going through cancer treatment, and begin teaching both off and on-line. While I did create and share during my treatment, I’m excited to get out there and meet some new like-minded creative friends and hope to inspire others to use their God given talents. Here are a few tutorials from the archives on the Artsy Findings Studio YouTube Channel. If you’re looking for specifics on my creative journey, feel free to check out my Resume page here.
My goal, to artistically through color and word, encourage and support others in their battle or their loved ones battle. We all have a story to tell. Colors can express hope, bravery, courage, difficulty, passion, life and more. There are times where words cannot express my gratitude for the support and love that all have shown me but through color, different mediums and brushstrokes of paint, I can more clearly express the song my soul desires to sing and share.
My family roots are from the South and while truly a country girl at heart, I was raised in Southern California. I lived overseas for six years in Africa (Madagascar was a favorite) and enjoyed visiting beautiful places all over the world sharing a message of hope but receiving such a great blessing as well. I now reside in beautiful Orange County with my wonderful husband of 24 years and my beautiful 17 year old daughter.
We all have a story to share and I’d love to learn yours. Thank you for visiting! Know you are wonderfully unique.
Feel free to chat with me (e-mail) at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment right here on the blog; Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. I usually link my posts to facebook and love the conversation that takes place there.
Warmest creative wishes and blessings!