Hello. I am so glad you’re here. I look forward to this time with you and hope as you read, even sip on a cup of tea or coffee that you know I appreciate you. I enjoy staying connected with dear friends and meeting new ones. While I am sharing a bit about my journey, I want to know about yours. We can learn from one another and we need each other on this journey we call life.
A little about my journey . . .
Recently I wrapped up my law enforcement career to enter Public Affairs with the John Wayne Airport. I enjoy my role as a mom (of a college student), wife, daughter, mixed media artist, author, vintage collector and re-purposer who loves to connect with other hearts through teaching and sharing life and art.
I love God, my family, friends and country. Through my art and writing I attempt to spread a message of hope (even through the difficult valleys). Diagnosed with breast cancer in 2012, I’ve learned even more to appreciate and hold dear ‘the gifts in the journey.’ Life isn’t a cakewalk but there are blessings even in the trials and for that I’m grateful.
My family roots are from the South and while truly a country girl at heart, I was raised in Southern California. I lived overseas for six years in Africa (Madagascar was a favorite) and enjoyed visiting beautiful places all over the world sharing a message of hope but receiving such a great blessing as well. I now reside in beautiful Orange County with my wonderful husband of 28 years and my beautiful 19 year old daughter.
I love to create and share life through art. I use all kinds of mediums (mixed media) as well as bits of vintage loveliness. From art journaling, non-traditional scrapbooking, hand crafted décor, jewelry and more, I enjoy all forms of creative avenues.
- (2006-2012) I enjoyed being the lead founding Fiskateer/craft ambassador for Fiskars (the Orange Handled Scissor Company). I traveled across the U.S. teaching in stores, trade shows and conventions and provided inspiration to the community of over 10,000 members, the Fiskars site, guest sites and more. As a lead brand ambassador, I had the blessing of planning and coordinating large crafting events, handled a budget and spread creative joy. Four of us lead Fiskateers (my call sign #002) helped to get this marketing and crafting program off the ground. It was a beautiful experience and I loved connecting with other wonderful creative like-minded people who are still so dear to me. Find more here.
- Stampington and Company has been a lovely connection and I enjoy regularly sharing my story through publication in their many lovely magazines. I’ve written articles and shared work in Somerset Memories, Somerset Home, Somerset Studio, Somerset Life, Somerset Apprentice, Somerset Workshop, Altered Couture, Art Doll Quarterly, Belle Armoire Jewelry, and Handcrafted. This too has been an outlet to meet wonderful creative people.
- Contributions as a guest artist/designer have touched my heart with wonderful friendships. Some of the sites I’ve shared as a guest include; Jenni Bowlin, Pink Paislee, ClearSnap, Ice Resin – Susan Lenart Kazmer, Mod Podge Rocks/Plaid, Art Glitter, Vintage Street Market, My Little Shoebox, Crescendoh (“Art Saves” story), The Graphics Fairy and more.
- Calendar work ~ I’ve enjoyed sharing my journey of cancer survival, art and hope; to walk alongside others who are going through a similar journey. By the urging of some dear friends, I submitted artwork to the American Society of Clinical Oncology, “Expressions of Hope” 2014 calendar in which I had several pieces (cover as well) published. If we can share our journey and help one another, what a gift that is!
- In February 2016, artwork was chosen and exhibited in Las Laguna Gallery in Laguna Beach, CA. Part of a Sketch book project with participants in many different states and countries, we created a sketch book in 2015 and encouraged to submit work for a jury selection to be exhibited. I submitted two pieces (titled ‘Journey Together’ and ‘Daydreams of the Sea’) and both were chosen to be a part of the exhibit. Since then, I have been involved in two other exhibits. Was a lovely adventure to meet with and experience other artists work.
- September 2015 I was asked to join in a wonderful new chapter of the Brave Girl movement, Melody Ross. As a Brave Girl University instructor I enjoyed sharing creative and life adventures with other soul sisters.
What you’ll find here at Artsy Findings . .. is creativity and connection. I hope to inspire you to use their God given talents. My goal, to artistically through color and word, encourage and support others and to encourage you to share your story.
Thank you for visiting! Know you are wonderfully unique.
Feel free to chat with me (e-mail) at email@example.com, comment right here on the blog or connect on via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Warmest creative wishes and blessings!