Michelle from Vintage Street Market put together a fun little mini vintage blog hop. Check out inspiration posted earlier this week with the details.
One of my favorite themes around the house for the holidays and a great Christmas carol is ‘Hark the Herald Angels Sing.’
I have friends who celebrate this season in many different ways, but for my family and I we celebrate CHRISTmas. The Christmas story involves a lot of beautiful messengers called ‘angels’ who share ‘tidings of comfort and joy.’ So I thought I’d do a little tour of decor which involves a lot of angels. As well, I’d like to share a couple of fun quick ornament ideas . . . a recent one and one from a couple years ago. Click on photos if you’d like a closer look.
I hope you enjoy! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Want to create your own vintage ornament?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Vintage Tin
- Vintage Image
- Vintage Glass Glitter
- Hand Drill or Metal Punch
- Mod Podge or Elmer’s White Glue
The How To:
- Drill a small hole in the top of the tin.
- Cut out and place vintage image in the center of your tin. Adhere with glue.
- Next place glue or Mod Podge around the edge of the tin.
- Sprinkle Glass glitter on the wet glue. Allow to dry.
- Thread and tie the ribbon through the hole, hang and enjoy.
Here’s a little tutorial from the past to music. Enjoy and warmest Christmas and New Year Wishes!