Sending a Big Bear Hug – Card
Thinking of someone I love who is battling a big health challenge, I created the below quick card to hopefully cheer them up. Here’s what I used and the how to.
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad in Tea Dye
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink pad in Wild Honey
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink pad in Fossilized Amber
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix Thinlit Theodore Die
- Dimensional Magic by Mod Podge
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix Thinlit Pattern Repeat Die
- Tim Holtz Distressing Tool
- Cardstock in dark brown and cream
- Embossing powder in bronze
- Elizabeth Crafts Bear Hugs Stamps
- Embossing Ink Pad
The How to:
- Trim a piece of dark brown cardstock to fit on top of the card. Then trim a piece of cream colored cardstock to fit on top of the dark brown. Distress the edges of both pieces of cardstock. The dark brown should leave a border. Adhere just the dark brown cardstock on top of the front of the card.
- Swipe the Tea Dye inkpad on a slick non-porous surface like a Ranger Craft mat. Then spritz with water and dip the cream colored piece of cardstock into the ink until you’re pleased with the results.
- Die cut the honeycomb shape.
- Swipe both fossilized amber and wild honey on a craft mat. Spritz with water. Dip the honeycomb shape into the ink and dry with a heat tool.
- Adhere the honey combo to the front of the card. Replace a couple of honey comb pieces. Add dimensional magic to a couple of the honeycomb areas.
- Die cut Theodore and adhere together. Distress Theo’s fur if desired. Adhere Theo on the front of the card.
- Inside the card, stamp the sentiment with embossing ink.
- Add embossing powder, remove the excess and heat with a heat tool to set.
Your card is complete.
Know that I am sending you a big bear hug. Thanks for stopping by.
Warmest creative wishes,
This bear hug card is just adorable!!! Thank you for sharing all your tips and tricks. This card is so cute and is bound to bring some cheer! Hugs, Suzy Q
Thank you so very much. Sending you a wonderful bear hug!
Love it! The honey is such a cool effect.
Thanks for the sweet comments. Thought it would be fun to have a honey effect. xoxo