If you’re interested feel free to view a little about my artistic journey. Thank you for taking the time to view a little of my artistic journey or just for being here. This is a work in progress.
Warmest creative wishes!
Art Exhibits and Showing
- In February 2016, artwork was exhibited at Las Laguna Gallery in Laguna Beach, California. Part of a Sketch book project with artists participating in many different states and countries. Then encouraged to submit work for a jury selection. Submitted two pieces (titled ‘Journey Together’ and ‘Daydreams of the Sea’) and both chosen to be a part of the exhibit. It was a lovely adventure to meet with and experience other artists work.
- Somerset Life “The Art of Posh Planning” – Article and Work – Winter Issue 2018 pg. 70-77
- Somerset Life “Planner Goods on the Go” – Article – Summer Issue 2017 pg. 44-49
- Fall 2015 Somerset Apprentice “Abundant Life – Technique Article and Art Journal – Volume 7, Issue 2 pg. 27, 29
- January/February/March 2015 edition of Jewelry Affaire – Technique Article and Pendant titled Trust – pg. 116-117
- Most recently, when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in late 2012 and began treatment through all of 2013, I continued to art journal and share. I felt so supported by so many wonderful individuals, family members and friends. At the prompting of some dear friends I submitted some artwork for a special cause. I submitted a few pieces which represented several things I had learned and experienced during my journey. Two canvases were selected this year for the 2014 American Society of Clinical Oncology’s ‘Expressions of Hope’ calendar for March, October and the cover.
- * Art Doll Quarterly Article and Paper/Mixed Media Doll – “Kick Up Your Heels and Enjoy” pg.
- Winter 2013 * Published in Altered Couture
- Spring 2013 * Published in Somerset Apprentice
- Spring 2013 * Published in Somerset Memories
- January/February 2012 * Published in Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Magazine Article and Mixed Media Book ~ “A Letter to Yourself: Cheryl Waters” pg. 50-51
- Spring 2011 * Published in Somerset Memories – A series on using textiles in layouts and projects. Layout ~ “Silly Snapshots”. Pg. 35. Layout ~ “So Natural”. Pg. 57
- March, April, May 2010 * Art Glitter Institute On-Line Guest Artist ~ 6 projects featuring Art Glitter Products ~ Once Upon A Time Accordion Album, Simple Elegant Monogram Cards, Spring Canvas Layout, Dazzling Summer Altoid Tin, If Birds Can Fly Altered Book – using glitter as a background, and Focus Layout – Eye Catching Titles.
- February/March/April 2001 * Published in Altered Couture – “Topping It Off” (Altered Hats) – Article and Projects. Pg. 3-7
- 2009 * Published in HandCrafted – The Best of Stampington and Company (250+ favorite crafting projects). Layout originally published in Legacy/Somerset Memories titled “Oh Mama, You’ve Got Style“. Pg. 185
- April/May 2008 * Published in Somerset Memories – “Life’s Little Comforts” (Mini Album) – Article and Project. pg.
- December/January 2008 * Published in Somerset Memories ~ “4 Gotten – small article and layout. Pg. 7
- October/November 2007 * Published in Somerset Memories – “A Stitch in Time”. – Technique Article and 5 Layouts. pg. 6-10.
- February/March 2007 * Published in Legacy/Somerset Memories – “Once Upon a Time” (Altered Box & Album), pg.
- Spring 2007 * Published in Somerset Home – “Girly Door Hanger & Monogram” – article and altered pieces. Pg. 92
- 2006 * Published in Memory Makers book titled “Pet Pages Unleashed”. Layout – ‘A World of Wonder – pg. 112
Guest Artist Opportunities and Projects
- March 2015 – Guest Post Julie Fei Fan Balzer More here.
- March 2014 – Ice Resin Guest Designer. More here.
- October 2012 – Donna Downey Art Brush Feature here.
- Spring 2012 – Fiskars Crafting Website. Project can be found here.
- April 2012 – Laura Bray Designs – Guest. Find it here.
- May 2011 – Charity Wings Guest Artist. Project can be viewed here.
- April 2011 – Vintage Street Market Designer Guest. More here.
- December 2011 – My Little Shoebox Manufacturer Guest Designer Would you like to see the projects? They can be seen here.
- July 2011 – “Guest Star” Jenni Bowlin Website. More here.
- November 2010 – Jenny Doh – Crescendoh My ‘Art Saves’ story can be found here.
- March, April, May 2010 – Art Glitter Guest Designer. Five projects which can be found here. (Scroll down to appropriate date).
- Spring 2008 – Fiskars Crafting Website. See my canvas step out tutorial here.
On-Line Participation and Blog Hops
- November 2014 – Handmade Holidays Blog Hop On-line Event
- December 2013 – Home for the Holidays Blog Hop On-Line Event
- November 2013 – Handmade Holidays Blog Hop On-line Event
- December 2012 – Home for the Holidays Blog Hop On-line Event
- October 2012 – Liz Hicks Virtual Gallery Walk – Artist – Blog Hop On-line Event
- December 2011 – Home for the Holidays Blog Hop On-line Event
Teaching Appointments and Engagements
- July – December 2017 God, Glory, Art – Bible Journaling Workshop in conjunction with artists Jamie Dougherty and many others. More information HERE.
- Melody Ross & Kathy Wilkins Brave Girl University – On-line courses teaching in a circle of well sought out teachers
- Kim Caldwell of Artistic Bliss event (Make and Take Project)
- Charity Wings – Several fundraising events
- A Gilded Life – Shea Fragoso and Debbie Murray ~ Dallas, Texas Mini Class project for major event
- Fiskars TV – several episodes creating/teaching mixed media projects
- Asked to promote and represent Melody Ross’ Chip Art on QVC in England