Thinking of someone I love who is battling a big health challenge, I created the below quick card to hopefully cheer them up. Here’s what I used and the how to.
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad in Tea Dye
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink pad in Wild Honey
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink pad in Fossilized Amber
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix Thinlit Theodore Die
- Dimensional Magic by Mod Podge
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix Thinlit Pattern Repeat Die
- Tim Holtz Distressing Tool
- Cardstock in dark brown and cream
- Embossing powder in bronze
- Elizabeth Crafts Bear Hugs Stamps
- Embossing Ink Pad
The How to:
- Trim a piece of dark brown cardstock to fit on top of the card. Then trim a piece of cream colored cardstock to fit on top of the dark brown. Distress the edges of both pieces of cardstock. The dark brown should leave a border. Adhere just the dark brown cardstock on top of the front of the card.
- Swipe the Tea Dye inkpad on a slick non-porous surface like a Ranger Craft mat. Then spritz with water and dip the cream colored piece of cardstock into the ink until you’re pleased with the results.
- Die cut the honeycomb shape.
- Swipe both fossilized amber and wild honey on a craft mat. Spritz with water. Dip the honeycomb shape into the ink and dry with a heat tool.
- Adhere the honey combo to the front of the card. Replace a couple of honey comb pieces. Add dimensional magic to a couple of the honeycomb areas.
- Die cut Theodore and adhere together. Distress Theo’s fur if desired. Adhere Theo on the front of the card.
- Inside the card, stamp the sentiment with embossing ink.
- Add embossing powder, remove the excess and heat with a heat tool to set.
Your card is complete.
Know that I am sending you a big bear hug. Thanks for stopping by.
Warmest creative wishes,Cheryl