For the last several years we head to one of my dearest friends home and play games until we countdown the new year. We then make some noise, toast with apple cider and we pray for the coming year. It’s a precious time with friends.
This year I will be at home with a quiet evening with hubby recuperating from the flu. I am grateful however it’s just the flu and this too shall pass. I have a new blog banner up and I have some goals set to attempt to accomplish.
I was thinking over the years all the fun games and laughs we’ve had. I thought I’d list some of the games here in case you want to enjoy some fun leading up to the new year.
- Apples to Apples
- and more
Some other fun activities for adults and kids alike include:
- Mad Libs
- A New Years Word Search (You can even personalize it)
- A Household Scavenger Hunt
- A Glow in the Dark Ring Toss (if room)
- Giant Jenga
- Bake Cookies
- Binge watch a favorite series (i.e. Rocky, Star Wars, The Hobbit) and serve popcorn and other theater treats
- Play your own version of American Idol (or Lip Sync)
If you don’t want to stay home, here are some great options;
- Go Cosmic Bowling
- See a play that last’s past midnight
- See a movie or two
- Have a beach party and watch the fireworks at midnight
These are just a few fun activities to enjoy while waiting to ring in the new year.
Warmest wishes for a beautiful 2019!Cheryl