A while ago I was asked to review stencils from MFT Stamps.
As you know, I love stencils . . . what mixed media gal wouldn’t. So here are some honest thoughts about My Favorite Things stencils.
Here are some images where I used the stencils. Please see below the photos some tips and a review.
- I found some fun patterns and had difficulty choosing just five. Find them here. One of my favorites I was sent was ‘Jumbled Letters’. There are some great patterns to choose from.
- While I love the variety, I think it would be fun to see some randomness in the stencils. Ie. Crooked hearts, not straight edges. I’d love to see some unique designs offered . . . ones not already on the market. But a randomness . . . I do like the Brick Wall Stencil which offers a fun whimsical look.
- The stencils took ink spray very well.
- I like the sizes offered.
- The stencils without thin lines seemed fine, but the ones with the tinier lines seemed to not get as crisp image. Other stencils I have are a little stiffer. Ie. Stencil Stripe Design.
- The stencil material was difficult to get clean from paint.
- I used the stencils in several ways; I used them with spray ink, on a gelli plate, with watercolor, with modeling paste, with paint (acrylic and heavy body acrylic). I think the thicker the material the crisper the image.
- I could seeing using them for different projects; cards, scrapbooking, art journaling.
So there you have it. My Favorite Things also carries a lot of other goods such as inks, cardstock, ribbon and such. You can check out more here.
Thank you MFT for sending these stencils my way to check them out.
Sending warmest creative wishes,Cheryl